My goal is to maximize each player’s potential by working to enhance all components of their game. My personal belief is that a player’s greatest area of opportunity is technique. The excellent technique will lead to a more confident player who has more options on the field. Tactical work is then enhanced by players that can fully concentrate on the tasks rather than worry about their technical skills. With that said, I like to prioritize creativity in my players to allow them to make decisions in the game under high pressure. To do this, they must master the technique, which then correlates tactical decisions at a high pace consistently. Therefore, my training sessions are focused on dynamic and creative ways to solve pressure in tight spaces to meet the demands of the game.
Further, I spend significant time integrating my life experiences to help mold, nurture, and shape players to see the bigger picture. I want them to understand that there is more to life than the game, and that making the right choices are an integral part in their overall decisions. The choices that they make, specifically outside of the game will go a long way if their actions are positive and they lead with good intentions. These qualities are important for their future growth both on and off the field and will help bring an awareness when they tackle challenges in school, life, soccer, relationships, and work.
- Leader in the Maryland soccer community for over 8 years as club building players who have excelled both at the club, regional, national, and collegiate levels
- Created an after-school program for children using soccer as a tool to help children prioritize their school and establish positive living habits.
- Traveled to Latin America for young athletes in need by providing soccer equipment, food, and clothing for the community.
- Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic coaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of the game in players
Coaching Education and License
- United Soccer Coaches Director Of Coaching Diploma Winter, 2016
- MSYSA Coaching Education Instructor Winter, 2013
- Site Coordinator MSYSA for 1st Spanish Language “E” License Course Summer, 2013
- Site Coordinator for 1st International Youth Development Workshop in Coordination w/ Alejandro Triunfini from Union de Santa Fe, Argentina Winter, 2012
- USSF “B” License Summer, 2011
- USSF “C” Summer, 2009
- USSF “D” Winter, 2007
- International Coaching Education Trips Summer, 2005 & 2012
- Traveled to Argentina and Brazil, specifically working with River Plate, Estudiantes, Boca Juniors, and Union de Santa Fe
- Built relationships with top club coach on an international level exchanging
- SAC Travel Coach of the Year, 2014
- SAC U15 USYSA Region 1 Boys Team Head Coach, 2013
- SAC Academy Coach, 2013
- ASA Real 98/99 – Current team – Started in U12 NCSL Div 4, winning promotions every season. Competed current season in Region 1 Colonial. 10 players are ODP selections along with 3 Region 1 selections. 10 players experienced an immersion program at River Plate in Argentina in Summer 2012 through an established professional relationship
- Freestate Real 95/96 – Started in NCSL Div 3, promoted to Div 1 within 2 years. 8 players selected ODP and 4 Region-1. The team dissolved when 6 players were selected for DC United Academy
- MSYSA Coach of the Year, 2008
- Freestate Arsenal 92/93 – Started with a team in NCSL Div 4, winning promotions every season, ending up playing Regional Colonial. 6 players were awarded scholarships, 3 players made ODP, and 1 Region-1 selection. The team also played international competitions
- Severna Park HS JV, 2005
- Annapolis HS JV, 2004