Travel Soccer is a year-round program designed for motivated and committed players age 7-14, who wish to develop and compete at a higher level. Our travel teams compete at the highest level locally, regionally, and nationally. Players enjoy the benefits of expert training and coaching to play premier travel soccer. We train players according to our philosophy. We develop recreational soccer players to all-round Elite players through excellent leadership, good sportsmanship, and fair play. We focus and emphasize the player’s, personal growth, passion for the game and skill development. We teach players the importance of teamwork, being part of something larger than oneself, and the importance of confidence without arrogance. We cultivate the passion and love of the game and dedication to their team. Players learn to develop integrity through actions that inspire trust and confidence. We encourage each player to respect the game, teammates, coaches, referees and their opponents. Lastly, players learn to compose themselves with a positive attitude. Our goal is simple: To leave a lasting, positive impact on every child we serve.
The following technical, tactical, physical and psychological areas are covered:
- Technical – individual skills under the pressure of time, space, and an opponent.
- Tactical – principles of attacking and defending, team and individual tactics of the game.
- Physical – fitness with and without the ball.
- Psychological – foster a desire to play, encourage decision-making, creativity, increase demands, discipline.
Players compete in the local travel leagues such as Maryland Central League, EDP (regional league), TSA indoor & outdoor leagues, In-state & out-of-State Top tournaments, & MSYSA State Cup.
If authorized by the TFC Technical Director, a player can play up one age group, but cannot play down. During the year players can be moved between teams based on additional assessments, team supplemental tryouts, and league rules.
Program Implantation Details
- Players attend tryouts in May/June and are placed on tiered teams.
- The program is specific for the age and developmental level of the players.
- Players attend training 2-3 times per week with their coach &/or trainer in a program directed by the Director of Coaching.
- There is also additional opportunity for technical & speed/agility training (academy style), goalkeeper training and summer camps.
- Teams are given a schedule appropriate to their level of play.
- League games will be at various clubs in the league (MD, VA, & PA). Teams will participate in tournaments play depending on the level of the team.
Our head coach is a State of Maryland Coaching Instructor and a member of the DC United developmental Academy. Furthermore, our impressive coaching staff consists of former ODP coaches, professional coaches, college coaches, high school coaches, professional players, and national team players.
- Coaches follow U.S. Soccer Foundation training protocols.
- Coaches have adequate training and know relevant child abuse and injury protocols.
- Coaches have completed a U.S. Soccer Foundation background checks.
- Coaches are enrolled through the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s database.
Annual Program Fee: $1848.00 or $154.00/ monthly
Annual Club Fee: $100.00
Registration Fee: $354.00 (includes: club fee, first month, & club uniform)
In-State Tournaments $100.00
Out of State Tournaments $ 125.00
Weather permitting, outdoor practices are held at:
Holy Trinity Episcopal Day School
11902 Daisy Lane, Glenn Dale, MD 20769
In the event of inclement weather, practices are held indoors at:
Total Soccer Arena – Indoor Facility
8400 Ardwick Ardmore Road
Landover, MD 201785