Click to register for Friday session or Saturday session
Total Book Club (TBC) is designed to help develop both teamwork and reading comprehension skills. 2006 TFC players from the White, Blue, and Gold teams will meet together weekly to engage in activities and discussions centered on a selected book (provided free by (TFC). The weekly meetings will be led by a volunteer educator from our TFC family. Each week, players will be required to read 15-25 pages of the selected book on their own. Activities and discussions will be pre-planned to facilitate interaction and discussion with a mix of players from the three teams. There will be no written work outside of the meetings; the only homework for players will be to read and to think.
The intended outcomes of TBC are to
- increase time spent reading independently
- require players to work together in constructive activities
- develop positive social interaction skills with peers
- learn group/civic discussion etiquette
- build vocabulary
- bond through a common interest/topic/language
- increase soccer IQ or team sports knowledge
Current session: January 17th to May 2nd
Current book selection: Keeper, by Mal Peet.
Sessions days & time: Fridays, 6:30pm-7:45pm, or Saturdays, 7:00pm-8:15pm.
Location: Total Soccer Arena in the Multipurpose Room
8400 Ardwick Ardmore Road
Landover, MD 20785
Program contact: Mrs. Jessica Vides at email@example.com.