Dear Parents, we are committed to fostering a passion for the game by providing a safe and fun environment where our players can learn the value of teamwork, achieve individual success and develop a strong ethic of good sportsmanship. We need your support as parents to achieve this goal.
PARENT / GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT:
As the parent or guardian of a TFC soccer player, I pledge to adhere to the following:
- I will not force my child unwillingly to participate.
- I will acclimate myself to the rules of the game.
- I will teach, as well as demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- I will treat all coaches, players, parents, referees, and spectators with dignity and respect and will avoid, at all cost, any verbal or physical abuse of these people during games and/or practices.
- I will be supportive; I will cheer positively for my child and his/her team.
- In public, I will support all coaches’ decisions regarding my child and his/her teammates during a game or practice. Any concerns I have will be addressed with the coach only. I will let the coach, coach.
- I will stress to my child that winning is only important if you can accept losing, as both are an important part of the game.
- I recognize winning is not everything; that the pleasure of athletic participation and development of ALL players on the team is of equal importance.
- I will refrain from coaching or refereeing from the sidelines of a practice, scrimmage, or game. I will direct any concerns that may arise with the coach privately afterward.
- I will have my child to all scrimmages, practices, and/or games on time. I will let the coach know in advance if my child cannot make a practice, scrimmage, or game.
- I will remember that the game is for the players and not the adults.
- I will abide by the by-laws, standing rules, and regulations as set forth by TFC.
- I understand that photographs of my child(ren) may be taken by me or other parties throughout the soccer season and that these photos are published to the TFC’s social media and websites. I understand that photographs and videos will be displayed.
I have read the “Code of Conduct” document and agree to adhere to the stipulations set forth in it by TFC.
Parent’s / Guardian Signature: _____________________________
Printed Name: ________________________________ Date: ______________________