Overview and Curriculum
The cost of the program is $100. per month.
The registration fee includes the following:
- 1 Training Jerseys
- 1 Pair of shorts
- 1 Pair of socks
The program runs throughout the School year calendar and includes summer camps and or activities.
Training and game schedule starting Tuesday, September 3Rd, 2019
Group A: Elementary School
Training: Mondays & Wednesdays 3:15 – 4:30pm
Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Group B: Middle School
Training: Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:15 – 4:30pm
Games: Mondays & Wednesdays
TFC’s mission is to promote and provide boys and girls from first grade through high School with both instructional and competitive youth soccer opportunities that will build character, enhance community, and promote an appreciation of the game of soccer. The vision also emphasizes the core values of self-esteem, confidence, teamwork and respect along with support for the inherent benefits that physical exercise brings.
This training program is an introduction for players to learn basic soccer principles, concepts, and technique. Our focus is on technique and building confidence with the ball. Each player learns the fundamentals such as; dribbling, controlling, passing, shooting on goal, and good sportsmanship.
The goal of our After-School Program is to work with Riverdale Baptist School and community to provide a fun, unique, and dynamic soccer experience for all children at Riverdale Baptist school. We customize our program to fit your school and group needs, tier the program to comply with School policies, and provide coaching staff.
Via engaging and fun games, players will receive hands-on guidance from our coaching staff, comprised of former pro, and collegiate players who are now licensed through the US Soccer.
The purpose of the TFC After-School Program is to promote exercise in a fun learning environment and encourage young soccer players to develop a love and passion for the game. A passion that if perused could develop to a commitment at a competitive level. As players advance from program to program, skill development is encouraged through camps/clinics and technical training sessions.
As players move through the program, the following technical, tactical, physical and psychological areas will be covered:
- Technical – individual skills under the pressure of time, space, and an opponent.
- Tactical – principles of attacking and defending, team and individual tactics of the game.
- Physical – fitness with and without the ball.
- Psychological – foster a desire to play, encourage decision-making, creativity, increase demands, discipline.
Benefits of the TFC After-School Program
- Structure an extracurricular after school soccer program with consistent weekly practices
- Promotes loyalty to Riverdale as current children and parents will seek to remain at Riverdale Baptist because of and established and consistent After-School Program.
- Long term goals to keep the children at Riverdale Baptist through high school and provide them a collegiate opportunity.
- Youth development through sports and exercise.
- A curriculum proven to enrich the lives of participating children.
- Access to comprehensive training opportunities provided by the TFC.
- Access to TFC Club resources for soccer.
TFC’s coaching principles
- Coaches follow U.S. Soccer Foundation training protocols.
- Coaches have the adequate training and know relevant child abuse and injury protocols.
- Coaches have completed a U.S. Soccer Foundation background checks.
- Coaches are enrolled through the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s database.